July 07, 2013

Let´s do an experiment part 3

http://solannsworld.blogspot.dk/2013/06/lets-do-experiement-together-part-1.html
http://solannsworld.blogspot.dk/2013/07/lets-do-experiment-part-2.html


I have painted my frames with gesso, which is a paint mixture consisting of a binder mixed with chalk, gypsum, pigment. It is used in artwork as a preparation for any number of substrates such as wood panels, canvas and sculpture as a base for paint and other materials that are applied over it.
Now I can start my painting, and glue the leaves onto the frame part.

I also put some woodmass onto the frames my husband sawed for me. It will hopefully make them look authentic, and not so pre-cut. I am going for a more rustic forest look, if you know what I mean.

 My two frames with woodmass. 
Here are canvas being glued onto the plates and pressed with glue cramps. I use white wood glue.
I am a very unpatient person, and all this waiting for woodmass, leaves and painting to dry is getting on my nerves ;-)

I can very soon start painting on my first frames. The gesso is almost dry ;-)

See you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment